Tune into The Morning Mix w/Jay & Desiree every Thursday morning at 7:40 to catch up on a new recipe with DESIREE'S DELICACIES! Each week, Desiree will provide a new dish to try, hand-crafted and ready to bring to the table. Courtesy of Fuller's Market IGA.
THIS WEEK'S RECIPE:
"Went to Fuller's Market fully intending to take advantage of their great deal on chicken thighs (only $0.99/lb.) but when I got there and saw Dan grinding up some ground chuck, I knew I needed to make a great burger. I had heard our own Mark Jackson raving about their fresh burger and how amazing it is. I love mixing sweet and savory flavors, so I opted for a tropical burger with a grilled pineapple slice. On the way out we raided the refrigerator with their ready made meals and grabbed some yellow eyed beans (which were AMAZING) and some tuna sandwiches that Jay gobbled on while we drove home. He ate 4 and was completely silent the whole time- pretty sure he enjoyed them!"
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Curry Powder
1/2 tsp. Paprika
1/8 tsp. Nutmeg
1/8 tsp. Ground Ginger
1/4 tsp. Garam Masala
1/4c Soy Sauce
8 Pineapple Slices
Red Onion Slices
Lettuce (if desired)
8 Hamburger Buns
1. Mix the first 8 ingredients well in a bowl with your hands
2. Form into 8 patties (can do up to this step the night before)
3. Place patties on med-high grill and baste with soy sauce
4. Grill for 3 minutes and flip, basting other side
5. Continue grilling 4-6 minutes, basting with soy sauce several times
6. Remove burger to plate to rest
7. Place pineapple rings carefully on grill and grill for 2 minutes on each side
8. Place burger on bun bottoms, top with warm pineapple slice and red onion, if desired
9. Take a bite and enjoy!
Tune in next week for another delicious treat from Desiree's Delicacies, brought to you by Fuller's Market!