• Post category:Local News

The Chelsea Fire Department was dispatched Sunday, May 26, to the Rent to Own shed facility on River Road for a working building fire. There were multiple explosions and heavy fire coming from the building.

The Fire Marshal’s Office responded to the scene to determine the origin and cause of the fire. The fire was determined to have started in an area of the warehouse storing lithium batteries and considered accidental in nature.

We would like to take a minute to say a huge Thank You to all our mutual aid towns today!!! We couldn’t have done it…

Posted by Chelsea Maine Fire Department on Sunday, May 26, 2024

Would like to thank the crew that was back at the station this morning finishing up the cleaning and getting things back in service. The hard work and dedication does not go unnoticed

Posted by Chelsea Maine Fire Department on Monday, May 27, 2024

Latest Local Central Maine News