• Post category:Local News

Last night, May 21, a fire broke out at the Stacyville Fire Department at 370 Station Road. Numerous mutual aid fire departments and members of the Stacyville Fire Department responded.

Firefighters quickly knocked down the fire, but the building and several pieces of apparatus were damaged.

The State Fire Marshals Office was called in to conduct an origin and cause investigation.

Once an investigation was completed, it was determined that the fire originated at an interior wall of the fire station where multiple lithium-ion batters were charging on a shelf. The fire is being classified as accidental.

One firefighter was transported to a local hospital, treated, and released for a leg injury.

Latest Local Central Maine News