Nominations are now being accepted for the County Teacher of the Year and and Teacher of the Year. Nominations can come from students, parents, school administrators, colleagues, college faculty members and associations. However, self-nominations, and nominations from family members are not accepted.
Criteria for The Maine Teacher of the Year
Candidate has the respect and admiration of their colleagues and:
- Is an expert in their field who advances growth for students of all backgrounds and abilities;
- Builds collaborative relationships with colleagues, students, and families to create a culture of equity and success;
- Deliberately connects the classroom to the community to impact student growth and learning;
- As a lifelong learner and teacher leader, they utilize innovation to create learning experiences within and beyond the classroom;
- Expresses themselves in an engaging and clear way, conveying the lived classroom experience to a variety of audiences.
Happy New Year Maine! Start your 2023 by nominating a County Teacher of the Year.
We are accepting nominations for the…